Presentation of the demo certificate
How to follow the demo certificate?
Just register on SimTrade. Registration is free.
- Young graduates
- Individual investors
You can read testimonials of former participants of the SimTrade certificate.
Objectives of the certificate
The First steps certificate is composed of a course, a simulation, a contest and a case study. It gives you a pedagogical and playful approach to understand how financial markets works and how firms are valued.
At the end of the certifcate, each participant should master the following points:
- Explain how the market works: limit order book, prices and transaction volumes
- Send orders to the market
- Choose the type of order (market order, limit order, etc.)
- Analyse the impact of events on stock prices
- Understand firm valuation
- Appreciate the degree of market efficiency
- Practice some market activities: build a position, liquidate a position and make the market.
One of the features of SimTrade is the use of on-line simulations in which you can act as a trader in financial markets. Simulations place participants right in the mix of realistic market scenarios where you can practice applying concepts, theories, and frameworks to accomplish successful market outcomes.
From a pedagogical point of view, this learning experience is designed to help you:
- Become more engaged and motivated to learn
- Deepen your understanding of learning objectives
- Develop confidence in your decision making and critical thinking skills
This certificate gives you great freedom to learn: you can start with theory in courses or with practice in simulations and simtrading contests.
The courses, simulations, contests and case studies of this certifcate covers the following topics:
- Market micro-structure with a limit order book
- The passage and execution of orders
- The different types of orders
- Analysis of information
- Market efficiency
- Firm valuation
- Market activities.
Terms of the certificate
The certificate includes individual on-line work: take courses, launch simulations, participation to simtrading contests and case studies.
- With courses, you will access to knowledge validated by on-line MCQ tests and a final physical MCQ test at the end of the SimTrade course.
- With simulations, you will acquire skills evaluated on the basis of your market activity.
- With simtrading contests, you will have the opportunity to show both your knowledge and skills in finance.
- With case studies, you will make the link between the world of financial markets and the real world of firms.
You will interact with other participants and the pedagogical team through case studies (peer grading) and discussions forum to ask questions and leave comments.
A full ATAWADAC experience
The SimTrade certificate offers a full ATAWADAC experience:
- Any Time (AT): you can work on the SimTrade certificate whenever you like. The market simulation platform is especially available 24/7.
- AnyWhere (AW): you can access the SimTrade application wherever you are as long as you have an internet connexion.
- Any Device (AD): the SimTrade application is compatible with Mac or PC and every size of screen ranging from X large trader screen to tiny mobile phone.
- Any Content (AC): the SimTrade certificate offers well-established content including on-line courses, market simulations and simtrading contests. Through case studies and discussions, it also provide interactive user-generated content.
The time to spend on-line on the demo certificate (courses, simulations, contests and case studies) is estimated to 3 hours.
Follow SimTrade on social networks
About the author of the certificate
Professor François Longin
ESSEC Business School
« Financial markets are likely the last space of freedom left to individuals. In this demo certificate, you will acquire some knowledge and skills necessary for your financial freedom. »